[fusion_text]Teens! Looking for more to do at your local library? We are excited to offer more teen programs to our communities in 2016! Here are our new programs for the winter and spring:
- Musicians’ Club: Do you play an instrument? Any instrument? Beginners and rock stars alike are invited to gather at Antwerp Sunshine Branch Library for discussions and jam sessions on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday nights of every month, 6:30pm to 8pm, beginning January 13, 2016! We will have frequent visits from local professional musicians specializing in jazz, rock, folk, and everything else!
- Writers’ Group: Do you have a way with words? Whether you want to write fiction, poetry, drama, or nonfiction, this is the group for you! Young wordsmiths will discuss the writing process, review each others’ writing, and work toward publication and performance! We will meet on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of every month from 3:30pm to 5pm, beginning January 11, 2016.
Want more? We have a few ideas! Let us know what you think, and feel free to share your own ideas!
- Book Club or Graphic Novel Club: Do you like to read outside of school? Share your love of reading and discuss your favorite non-school reads with other teens at your branch!
- Exam Study Sessions: Could you use some help when Mid-Term and Final Exams come around? How about test-taking strategies that can help you improve your standardized test scores? Work with classmates and teachers from your school to prepare so you can ace your big tests!
- Ghost Hunt: Have you heard the rumors about the ghost at the Antwerp Sunshine Branch Library? We are working on getting the West Michigan Ghost Hunters’ Society to investigate the stories. We hope to be able to invite area teens to join the WMGHS for the midnight hunt and the presentation of their findings afterward!