Van Buren District Library Cards
Apply In Person
Library cards are free to residents within Van Buren District Library’s legal service area. Sign up for a library card at any of VBDL’s seven locations.
This form is intended for persons who are residents of the Van Buren District Library legal service area, but do not currently have a VBDL Card.
Current library cardholders from many surrounding communities may apply for reciprocal, but limited, privileges from VBDL at no charge. Reciprocal cardholder privileges from VBDL include the ability to borrow physical materials from any VBDL branch. Reciprocal borrowers who wish to access electronic services such as Overdrive and Hoopla may do so via their home library.
Click Below to find out if your library offers Overdrive or Hoopla
To apply you will need:
- A form of identification that has your current , permanent address on it. This can include a valid Michigan driver’s license, utility bill, lease agreement, or printed check.
- There is no age requirement to get a library card. A parent or guardian must sign for anyone under age 18.
Persons who live outside VBDL’s legal service area may purchase an annual library card for $75.00. Semi-annual cards are available for $40.00. The fee covers all members of a household.
Legal Service Area
- Almena Township – except Paw Paw School District
- Antwerp Township – except Paw Paw School District
- Arlington Township
- Bangor Township
- Bloomingdale Township
- City of Bangor
- City of Gobles
- Columbia Township
- Covert Township
- Decatur Township
- Geneva Township (by contract)
- Hamilton Township
- Lawrence Township
- Paw Paw Township
- Pine Grove Township
- Porter Township
- Village of Decatur
- Village of Lawrence
- Village of Mattawan
- Waverly Township – except Paw Paw School District
Areas Served through Reciprocal Borrowing Agreements:
- Allegan District Library (includes Allegan, City of Allegan, Cheshire, Valley, Heath residents residing the in the Allegan School District, and Monterey residents residing in the Allegan School District)
- Cass District Library (includes the townships of Calvin, Howard, Jefferson, LaGrange, Mason, Milton, Newberg, Ontwa, Penn, Porter, Pokagon and Volinia.)
- Dowagiac District Library (includes City of Dowagiac, Silver Creek, Keeler, Wayne and Bainbridge townships)
- Hartford Township (including the City of Hartford and portions of Keeler Township)
- Kalamazoo Public Library (includes the Kalamazoo Public School District, City of Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo Township, and Oshtemo Township)
- Village of Lawton
- Marcellus Township Wood Memorial Library
- Otsego District Library (Alamo Township, the City of Otsego, and Otsego Township)
- Paw Paw District Library (includes all of Paw Paw School District)
- South Haven Memorial Library
- Watervliet District Library