Show your VBDL Card at these Mattawan merchants between June 12 and August 5 and save!
- Boutique Oz – 24028 Front – Extra 5% off any purchase
- Brzustowicz Grooming – 50680 CR 652 – $5.00 Nail Trim for Pets
- Dragonfly Gardens – 52650 N Main Street – $5.00 off purchase (Get coupons at VBDL Antwerp Sunshine Branch!)
- Garden Griddle Restaurant – 57649 Murray Street – 10% off purchase
- Mancino’s – 52360 N Main Street – 10% off purchase
- Mattawan Landscaping Supply – 26333 Red Arrow Highway – 5% off bulk landscaping order
- Mattawan Pet Supplies – 50680 CR 652 – 10% off pet supplies (excludes pet food)
- Medicine Tree Pharmacy – 56109 Village Center Circle – 20% gift shop items
- Moo Moo’s Ice Cream Joint – 57810 Murray Street – 25% off purchase
- Nat’s Pet Grooming – 56874 S Main Street – $5.00 off baths and grooming
- Neighborhood Cleaners – 23860 City Center Circle – 5% off purchase
- Nonla Vietnamese Restaurant – 24050 Front Avenue – 10% off purchase
- Refuge Hair Salon – 24032 Front Avenue – 10% off boutique items
- Schultz Fruitridge Farms – 60139 CR 652 – 10% off purchase
- Urban Cottage – 23970 City Center Circle – $1.00 off single cake cone purchase
- UTan Salon & Spa – 56340 City Center Circle – 50% off regular service
PRESS RELEASE – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
9 June 2017
For more information, contact Library Director Ryan Wieber, 269-423-4771
AIR DISASTER MYSTERY REVEALED AT VBDL COVERT BRANCH
DECATUR, MICHIGAN – – – Michigan’s Great Lakes are known for their mysteries: the Edmund Fitzgerald, the William B. Davock, the Griffin, the Thomas Hume, the Rosa Belle. But not all vessels sank from the surface; others plummeted from above.
On June 23, 1950, during a sudden and violent squall, NWA Flight 2501 mysteriously disappeared over Lake Michigan. Even though evidence washed ashore, the Navy and Coast Guard never located the wreck.
The rest of the story is revealed at VBDL Covert Branch, Wednesday, June 21, 6:30 pm, by award-winning author Valerie van Heest. The underwater explorer presents a multi-media program of her book, Fatal Crossing: The Mysterious Disappearance of NWA Flight 2501 and the Quest for Answers.
The book is based on her research with author and explorer Clive Cussler that was conducted more than fifty years after the DC-4 disappeared with 58 persons aboard. The two joined forces to locate the wreckage and solve the mystery. Fatal Crossing is the portrait of the victims and the last hours of their lives.
The program is free and open to the public. For more information, visit the branch at 33680 M-140, Covert; or phone 269.764.1298. VBDL’s complete program schedule is available online at VBDL.org.
VBDL is headquartered at Webster Memorial Library in Decatur, with branches in Bangor, Bloomingdale, Covert, Gobles, Lawrence and Mattawan.